I’m an editor specializing in copy editing and proofreading. I worked as a copy editor in journalism for eight years, working with news, arts, and business, and as an editor in content marketing for clients in education, business, healthcare, and retail.
I’ve worked with copy editing and proofreading for publishers like Goose Lane Editions and Inhabit Education, focusing especially on work in arts and history, since 2018. I’m happy to discuss your project in arts, culture, history, current events, fiction or comics.
I’ve been a creator of small press comics for many years and have worked with comics editing for over six years. My solo work has been published by Retrofit Comics and kuš! komikss. I edited the anthology Nova Graphica for Conundrum Press, an anthology bringing together graphic work from 16 creators about the history of the province of Nova Scotia, which was released fall 2020 and is now entering its second printing.
My educational background is in visual arts, history, and art history (BFA and MA) and I have a certificate in publishing from Ryerson University, with coursework in editing and production.
I’ve worked for ereading app Rakuten Kobo and am knowledgeable about ebook publishing and production, including formatting text for adaptation.
Experienced with Chicago, CP, AP and MLA style.
- Certificate in Publishing, Ryerson University
• Copy editing for publishers, including Goose Lane Editions, Inhabit Education; web, business and magazine clients, including Broken Pencil and Visual Arts News magazines, United Way, National Library of Latvia, and others
• Editing and copy editing comics for small publishers and artists, including kuš! komikss
• Guest editor for online literary magazine The Town Crier, soliciting pitches and assigning stories
• English-language proofreader for several translation agencies, editing texts for readability and correct language usage, rewriting texts for business usage
Editor for content marketing company, working with clients in education, healthcare, finance, tech, retail and other sectors. In charge of substantive and copy editing articles, planning content, copywriting, and managing production schedules with writers, web producers and project managers. Editing for US, EU, UK, and AU English.
The Baltic Times
Production designer and writer at biweekly English-langugage newpaper serving Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia
The Coast Weekly
Copy editor, then copy chief for alt-weekly newspaper in Halifax, Nova Scotia
Laura has 3 reviews